A Love for My Patients and Their Smiles
It’s a gift to be able to do what I do. Orthodontics is an amazing profession. Over the course of my professional lifetime I will meet and care for thousands of people, building relationships and improving their lives. I love that I get to work with people of all ages, from all walks of life. It’s humbling to be entrusted with someone’s smile, and I take that responsibility to heart.
I love giving my patients a great smile, one that increases their confidence in every interaction. Even more, I enjoy getting to know each of them and learning who they are. Each person has their own experiences and stories to share. I love when someone tells me about their day, academic or work achievements, plans for the future, or a funny joke. Those exchanges create a strong bond, and I am honored to be included in their circle of friends. Dr. Matt Heim
Education and Continuing Education
- Bachelor degree in Biology, Marquette University
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery, Marquette University
- Orthodontic Residency, University of Oklahoma
Orthodontics is a constantly changing field. The ongoing innovations in technology and treatments require an orthodontist to pursue continuing education (CE) in order to remain current. Dr. Heim avails himself of many CE opportunities throughout the year. By attending local, regional, and national conferences, and participating in two study clubs, Dr. Heim ensures his patients have the best treatment options and care experience.
Dr. Heim is also a Clinical Assistant Professor at the University of Oklahoma College of Dentistry.
- Diplomate, American Board of Orthodontics
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Fellow, American College of Dentists
- American Dental Association
- Oklahoma Dental Association
- Oklahoma County Dental Society, 2014 President
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon Dental Honor Society
- Phi Beta Kappa National Honor Society
- Alpha Sigma Nu, Jesuit Honor Society
- Alpha Epsilon Lambda, Graduate Professional School Honor Society
Dr. Heim grew up in Green Bay, WI. He’s called northwest Oklahoma City his home since 2003. When not working, Dr. Heim is usually spending time with his wife, Somer, who’s a pediatric dentist, and their young son, Bennett. The family also has two Cavalier King Charles Spaniels, Oscar and Bailey.
By the way, Dr. Heim is an avid NFL fan and loves to cheer for his Green Bay Packers.